What are Step and Repeat Banners?
Step and repeat banners are the celebrity of backdrop design. Featuring a repeating pattern of one or more logos, the repetitive design is what gives us the name “step and repeat. The classic style is iconic for its non-intrusive way to instill brand awareness and a top choice for events that are sponsored. You will recognize it showcasing the name of sponsors in the background of celebrity photos taken at red carpet events.
Our step and repeat banners are made using wrinkle-free fabric onto which we bond vibrant ink. Using sublimation printing guarantees the most long-lasting, full color, and even machine washable backdrops. That means you can use your backdrop for years to come! To learn more about this type of printing, check out our post: “What is Sublimation Printing?”
Each backdrop also comes with a lightweight and durable pop-up frame. In just a few minutes, you can easily set up your step and repeat banner without any additional tools. Plus, there’s a useful carry case included for pack-and-go convenience.
Sometimes step and repeat banners are also called step and repeat backdrops or step and repeat stands or even walls. All these names are highlighting the step and repeat style featured on the banner or backdrop.
Top Benefits of Step and Repeat Banners
Step and repeat banners are for more than publicity, conferences or media events. They are perfect for last minute photo booths, video conference backgrounds and street pop-ups. Think outside the box to find the plethora of creative uses for this classic design. With one single banner, you can get tons of usage, because the same backdrop can be used for multiple events.
Our team always prints these banners using the dye-sublimation printing process. This guarantees your banner fabric is saturated with high quality, vibrant dye. The ink or dye bonds deep into the fabric instead of simply creating a layer on top. That means your banner is both machine washable and won’t risk glare or cause lighting issues.
Every banner comes with an easy to pop up or set up banner stand and carrying case. It’s all a matter of a few straps of velcro and clipping in some supports and voila! Your step and repeat banner is ready to go.
Fabric banners are typically lighter than PVC signage, flame retardant, stronger, easy to fold and easy to hang. Our banner is a fabric material that is PVC free. So, if you are looking for an eco-friendly option that is fully recyclable, this is a perfect option for you!
Winning Features of Step and Repeat Banners
- Light stretch, wrinkle-free sublimation fabric
- Light-weight, strong material
- Full color, vibrant inks
- Single-sided print
- Custom step and repeat design feature your logo
- Offered in a range of sizes including: 8’, 10’, 15’ and 20’
- Includes professional aluminum stand with carrying case
Step and Repeat Banners Options
Our step and repeat banners can be printed with a number of logo options and design features. Just provide us with the logo, icon or message of your choice, and we will create the perfect banner for you.
We also offer color matching to guarantee no variations in your logo or company colors.
Some design options our customers have used for their custom media backdrops include:
- Classic step and repeat
- 2+ Alternating sponsor logos
- Geometric background step and repeat
- Photo-rich background step and repeat design
Sizing for Step and Repeat Banners
We offer 4 standard sizing options. Each banner is 89″ tall with varying width options:
- 8 feet
- 10 feet
- 15 feet
- 20 feet
For questions about sizing, feel free to reach out to us directly! There are special order options available. If you don’t see exactly what you are looking for, contact us for more information.
Set-Up your Step and Repeat Banners
The standard frame we include is a super easy to set-up fabric pop-up stand.
Lightweight, sturdy, and easy to collapse, this frame is perfect for on the go displays.
Instructions for setting up your display:
- Remove frame from the carrying case.
- Pull the frame apart gently, to fully expand.
- Make sure the velcro strips are facing up.
- Push together each of the locks to secure and connect the frame.
- Take your step and repeat banner fabric and begin to attach it to the frame beginning from a corner edge.
- Work your way around the frame, continuing to attach the printed fabric to the velcro and pulling it taut to ensure it remains smooth.
- Once fully attached, give a final check to the appearance. If you see wrinkles or sags, detach the fabric, pull to increase tautness, then re-velcro.
We also can provide you with other types of frames at your request. Just let us know which type of frame you prefer!
Lifespan of Step and Repeat Banners
Custom media backdrops will last for many years with proper care.
Caring for your Step and Repeat Wall
Proper cleaning and care will help extend longevity and appearance of your banner.
There are a few options for cleaning:
- Spot Cleaning: Use mild soap and cold water. Test first on a small area to ensure that the integrity of the material is not compromised.
- Machine Washing: Only use the most gentle cycle and cold water with mild soap. DO NOT PUT IN DRYER. Lay flat or hang to dry.
- Dry Cleaning: You can always take your banner to the dry cleaner for professional cleaning.
Never iron your backdrop or put it in the dryer. If necessary, you can use a steamer to remove wrinkles.
When storing your banner, make sure it is completely dry. Then fold it carefully and place in a plastic back.
Great Uses for a Custom Step and Repeat Backdrop
- As the photo backdrop for a wedding, birthday, bachelor or bachelorette party
- A video backdrop for your YouTube channel or studio broadcast
- Window displays for retail stores, to showcase sales or new collections
- Behind your booth at a tradeshow
- For use in a home photography studio, when selling products on Ebay or Etsy
For more ideas, check out our blog post on ways to use media backdrops to create excellent visual content for your online business!
Step and Repeat Banners, Custom Made in San Diego
Since we are located nearby, we offer custom step and repeat banner delivery and installation in Los Angeles, Orange County, and other areas in Southern California.
Custom Step and Repeat Banners Questions and Answers
Your top questions about custom step and repeat banners
Why is it called a step and repeat banner? Or what is a step and repeat backdrop?
The “step and repeat” name references the style featured on this type of sign. This style is often seen on backdrop walls at red carpet events, where celebrities will pose and take photographs. This style allows brands to easily and unobtrusively feature their logo or brand.
The logos are displayed in a repeated “step” or diagonal pattern, often alternating 2 or more logos. Learn more about the types of step and repeat backdrops here or learn about how it’s a great option for video conference backgrounds in our blog post uncovering backdrop ideas.
Is there a difference between step and repeat banner or step and repeat backdrop?
No. When referring to this type of signage, banner and backdrop can be used interchangeably.
- Banner: The most common name for this type of signage is step and repeat banner.
- Backdrop: A step and repeat banner can be used as a backdrop. Backdrops usually refer to the background banner or hanging material in the background of photographs. Any reference to step and repeat backdrop is the same as a step and repeat banner.
Step and repeat banners are often used as backdrops in photo shoots, event signage, and more. In general, there are a number of naming conventions we can use for this type of sign including:
- Step and repeat banner
- Step and repeat backdrop
- Step and repeat printed sign
- Step and repeat printing
- Collapsible step and repeat
- Pop up step and repeat signs
- Step and repeat photo backdrop
- Step and repeat media wall
Can a step and repeat banner be used as a photography backdrop?
Yes, of course. It’s the perfect solution for photo backgrounds! Plus, the fabric material ensures there is no glare in your photos.
How do I know if a step and repeat banner is right for me?
Step and repeat banners serve a wide range of uses. If you want to get your brand noticed, step and repeat banners are a great way to do that.
Here are some common ways our customers have used step and repeat banners for their businesses or projects:
- Charity events
- Publicity Events
- School events (prom, homecoming)
- Sports or book signing
- Social media pop up
- Trade shows or conferences
- Youtube or podcast video backdrop
- Film festivals, music festivals, etc.
- Wedding, baby shower, etc.
What is the material you use for your step and repeat banners?
All our step and repeat banners for this product use our PVC-free, dye-sublimation fabric.
We do not offer canvas, vinyl, or muslin for this specific product. If you are interested in one of these options, reach out to our team directly or go ahead and check out our vinyl hanging banners.
What are the minimum and maximum dimensions of your banners?
We currently offer 4 distinct sizing options all based on the most commonly ordered sizes. Each pop up is 89″ tall. Typically we offer 4 different width options including 8, 10, 15, and 20 feet.
We are certainly able to provide additional sizing options upon special request. For additional sizing, you can contact us directly and we can find a solution for your project needs.
Do you offer a print double-sided print option for the step and repeat banners?
No, we do not. Some of our other products do offer a double-sided option, such as our vinyl banner. Feel free to check out the vinyl banner product page or reach out to us directly for more information about this product.